March - April 1998
Volume 9, Number 2
- Up & Coming: John Ellis -- interview
by Kevin Vicroy
- 1997 Pro Kennex World Juniors -- Carson & Kerr take Gold!
- SPECIAL: The Recordbook -- All-Time Champions through 1997
PROfile: Tour News
- IRT/Lakewood: Swain def. Monchik
- IRT/Denver: Ellis def. Swain, then Monchik
- IRT & WIRT Tour Ticker -- The latest results before press
- IRT/Tour Rankings
- 1997-98 Tour Calendar
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
- From the Editor, by Linda Mojer
- Reader Forum
- Changing Times, by Luke St. Onge
- Industry News -- Updates from -- Ashaway, Gemini, Leader,
Network, Penn, Spalding, Wilson, Zone & more!
- RB:Global -- Central American Games, Bolivian Nationals,
German Nationals & Federation Elections, Belgian Open, plus news
from Ireland, the Netherlands & France!
- Portable Court Donors
- JR! Team News -- New Junior Team
USA Qualifying Procedures announced, along with fundraisers to
support annual Goodwill Tour!
- USRA Board of Directors Election &
Ballot -- Lisa Goldman (Ariz.), John Guinta (Ore.), Jack Hughes
(Calif.) & Ron Maggard (Mo.) are on the slate!
- USRA National Rankings [As of
January 15, 1998]
- USRA National Events Calendar [March/April/May]
- Corporate Sponsors & Advertisers
- Ektelon Performance Series -- The Backhand by Mike Guidry
- Ashaway Mains & Crosses: A String Buyer's Bill of Rights by
TOURNAMENT ENTRIES -- Online "entries" are
informational only ... you must request
an official entry form from the national office to enter national
events, or use abridged versions published in RACQUETBALL.
John Ellis has done exceptionally well on the pro tour this
season, after an impressive start in the amateur ranks as a junior
champion and U.S. Team member. And he gives back to the sport ... he
donated a week of his time, plus picked up his own expenses, to
instruct at the U.S. Junior Team Trials in Colorado Springs last
summer. Now, hes making his move to challenge the pro tours
front runners. Photo: Joe Paraiso/Filter Design Courtesy Pro
Top of Document | Racquetball
Magazine Homepage | USRA
© United States Racquetball Association -- All Rights